A Baker’s Dozen for Teaching & Learning About Copyright
Copyright in the context of college settings is a subject that is entire of nuances that can make it complicated for quite a few academics and students. For case in point, some persons think that working with a photograph, text, video clip, or audio in a school instantly would make it a Reasonable Use. It does not (at minimum in the United States).
Misunderstandings about matters like Fair Use are fairly common. That’s why I’m always delighted to response questions about copyright as it pertains to university configurations and present assets to enable lecturers better recognize and educate copyright lessons to students. To that end, below are some resources that you can use and share with your colleagues and pupils to support them far better comprehend copyright, Resourceful Commons, and Reasonable Use.
- Webinar Recording – Copyright & Innovative Commons for K-12
- Lessons from the $9.2 million copyright judgment versus Houston ISD
- Crash Class Mental Property
- Measuring Good Use: The 4 Things
- 7 Free Applications for Supporting Learners Cite Their Do the job
- Copyright & Creativity – Lesson Designs for Elementary Faculty
- Frequent Sense Training – Copyright Lesson Programs for Center School
- The Debate In excess of Downloading Songs – Lesson Prepare for Large College
- C-Span Classroom – The Job of Congress in Audio Licensing
- US Copyright Office statements on Truthful Use
- Stanford College Libraries’ Copyright and Reasonable Use Charts
- Kathy Schrock’s Regard for Intellectual Home
- How Not to Cite an Impression
July and August Webinars!
Sign up for a person or all 7 of them right listed here.
- How to Generate and Market Your Own Electronic Items
- Movie Jobs for Almost Every Classroom
- Classroom Podcasting 101
- Do-it-yourself Application Development for the Relaxation of Us
- Research Procedures Learners Require to Know
- To Geography & Past With Google Earth & Maps
- Get Organized With Google Classroom, Calendar, and Retain